Open Live Writer is a user-friendly web authoring tool that can be used with a cloudscribe SimpleContent blog. The following steps are required to connect Open Live Writer (OLW) to your SimpleContent web site.
Open Live Writer can be downloaded at: http://openlivewriter.org/
- Make sure you have the wlwmanifest.xml file in your wwwroot folder (our project template should put it there).
- Launch Open Live Writer.
- If you have not used OLW to connect to a blog you will get a dialog window asking you to specify what blog service you use. If you have already connected OLW to a blog, you can go to Blogs -> Add blog account... and get to the same dialog window.
- In the "What blog service do you use?" dialog window you will tick the "Other services" option and click next.
- The "Add a blog account" dialog window will ask you for the web address of your blog, the username and password. The web address is the blog page address of your site. eg https://yourdomain/blog
- The "Download Blog Theme" dialog window will let you know OLW can download your blog theme if you allow it to publish a temporary post. Selecting yes will allow you to view how your posts will look directly from the OLW editor.
- The "Select blog type" dialog window will let you know OLW was not able to detect your blog type. It will ask you for the type of blog and the remote posting URL.
Type of blog that you are using: Metaweblog API
Remote posting URL for your blog: https://yourdomain/api/metaweblog Click next.
- The "Your blog has been set up" dialog window will let you give your blog a nickname for the OLW instance. Change that if you want, and click finish to get to posting!